Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thing #15 Rollyo

Can you see a potential use for Rollyo in your library?

Not really. So far this is my least favorite thing. I searched "japanese gardens" and came up with one roll which had a couple of sites about gardens in general.

I searched homework as instructed and then narrowed it to multiplication and came up with a few sites that had tips for kids that were strugging and tricks you can use if you don't have a good memory - but nothing fascinating.

I am a researcher and I like to start with the whole world as my source and narrow it down on my own. I treat each search individually and am sometimes surprised where I am led. I'd hate to narrow my focus from the start.

However if I were teaching someone whose skills weren't too polished maybe I would narrow the focus for them by setting up a roll.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,

    Thought you would like to receive a comment instead of always just giving.

    You are doing great!

    You have plenty to time to complete all the Things. We have six weeks left in the 23 Things program, and only three of those weeks will introduce new Things. Keep up the good work!

    Brad @ NEFLIN's 23 Things Blog:
    http://zzzsblogapalooza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete