Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thing #6 Flickr Mashups

o-sf3 Copper Square Letter N letter E McElman_071026_2450_I L L

I made a cool puzzle with one of my photos of stained glass windows, but when I tried to upload it a warning said


fd's Flickr Toys wants to link to your Flickr account.
You should not authorize fd's Flickr Toys unless you trust them with access to your account.
By authorizing this link, you'll allow the fd's Flickr Toys service to provide:
Access to your photostream (including private stuff)
Editing of your photo or video information via fd's Flickr Toys
Uploads to your Flickr account via fd's Flickr Toys

So I decided against it.
Still if I wanted to I could take photos of my nephews and nieces and give them each their own puzzle as a gift.
That's pretty cool. Although in this culture of customizing I don't know if it would be as cool to them as it would have been to me. They are used to seeing people's pitures on mugs and notepads and such. I still think it's cool.

How can you use any of these tools in your library or media center?
What do you think of sharing photos online?

I think these tools would be cool when dealing with teens inparticular. We can catch their attention for a minute.

Sharing photos online is great - even if it is just between family members and friends. I have an irrational fear of archival images being destroyed. Not having to worry about fire or flood ruining my family photos has been a relief.

Before this I gave each of my immediate family members a fire box for Christmas one year. Imagine their joy when I told them it was to preserve their photo negatives;)

I also keep our family photo albums and yearbooks by the front door in case we ever need to evacuate - maybe I could grab a few.

I wasn't always like this. Really I wasn't! But moving to FL and experiencing wildfires and hurricanes and trying to pack all of this stuff, 3 kids, my husband and the dog into a car makes me happy to have an online solution.

I'm sure we all have our foibles...right...right???

No comments:

Post a Comment