Monday, February 16, 2009

Thing #10 Tagging and Del.icio.us

I've been tagging my posts as I've been going along. I guess that will help others who are searching for information on our experiment down the line. It's not time consuming and if I can help someone else save time I'll do it.

I love the idea of de.icio.us! I had been asking for something like this for many years in my former position as a researcher. I had a ton of bookmarks for sites that I used on a regular basis for each department. I wanted to share them with the appropriate people. But back then the best my IT people could do was import my bookmarks as one static all encompassing list and shoot it out to everyone.

It wasn't user friendly. Everyone got everything whether it pertained to them or not. Also the list couldn't be manipulated. Once it was sent that was it. If I wanted to update it I had to send the entire list out again.

I can see a lot of reasons to use this product. Why reinvent the wheel? If someone has taken the time to save bookmarks on a subject I'm interested in I would take a look at theirs and add some of my own. I'm a great researcher, but why waste time?

I think this product would be especially for someone who wants an easy transition from work to their home computer. Also not to get too morbid, but in this economy you never know when it could be your last day at work and one of the first things they do is freeze your computer. It's smart to save to the web.

Someone was asking me about Flickr badge and I hadn't tried it yet. I found it and cut and the code. Let me see if it works. I'll paste it here




Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not closed: If anyone wants to let me know what I did wrong please email me at 23things@neflin.org

No comments:

Post a Comment