Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thing #5 Flickr



How might you use Flickr in your library or media center?
Do you use Flickr or another photo hosting service? Which one? How does it compare to Flickr?
How do you feel about having your photos public (note that you can mark your Flickr photos private, too)--any concerns?



Most of my photos are in Kodak so I didn't have much to post to Flickr. Maybe I'll try to get some from Kodak in order to improve the look of my page. For now I just wanted to show myself I could do it:) Mission accomplished.
The process wasn't hard though it was time consuming and registering and giving private info still makes me shudder.
Also remembering passwords, user id's etc. is not my strong suit.
I did have a problem uploading one of my photos - but the site said,"BONK! One of your photos didn't upload. Do you want to try again?" So I clicked yes and it went through that time no problem.
I think the BONK made me smile instead of fret. I realized it wasn't a big deal, it happens adn it can be rectified. Good customer service on their part. If it had kept happening I think I would have wanted to BONK them;)
I really enjoy taking pictures though and although most of them include people, these days I'm taking more architecture and landscape shots. My sister is a great photographer and I try to learn from her style.
I wouldn't feel comfortable posting pics of people I know for public consumption. My father sometimes gets annoyed that I capture so much and upload it to Kodak to share with family and friends. Part of it is that I also am very into ancestry.com and documenting my family history. Many times when we talk he says - you don't have to email that to everyone.
Whenever my husband makes a face at me these days I tell him I'm going to take his picture and post it on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment